The Government of Equatorial Guinea published on 23 March 2020 new and reinforced measures against the spread of the new coronavirus Covid-19. These entered into force immediately, following some other published on the 12th and 15th March.
Here is a list of the most relevant ones:
• Restriction of unnecessary exit of citizens from their residences, which will be monitored by law enforcement.
• The necessary exits for work, in the public or private sector, visits to health centres, pharmacies, supermarkets and establishments that sell essential products, are authorized. These trips must be made individually. If these displacements take place in automobiles, the number of occupants cannot exceed two.
• All national and foreign citizens who have entered Equatorial Guinea as of 1 March 2020, who have not been quarantined, must seek the Health Authorities.
• The recommendation to suspend celebrations and meetings of more than 10 people remains in force.
• Bars and other leisure rooms are closed, except for restaurants, with access limited to no more than 10 people.
• All services of the Public and Private Administration of the State are kept in operation.